Transporter Full Time Days 7AM-7PM
- Florida Hospital Flagler
- Jan 06, 2017 Post Date
FT DAYS 7AM-7PM
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
“A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinates with radiology and nursing staff regarding patient transport.
- Coordinates with CMU if patient is on telemetry.
- Ensures proper method of transport by communicating as needed with nursing staff.
- Utilizes safe lifting practices in transferring patient to appropriate transport method.
- Moves patient to and from stretchers and wheelchairs, as needed.
- Assist others in lifting and moving of patients.
- Performs basic patient care duties, within scope of practice, ensuring patient comfort, safety and privacy.
- Transports patients with O2, suction, IV, etc. as needed, monitoring status and reporting to nursing staff as needed.
- Cleans and maintains department wheelchairs and stretchers, reporting any maintenance needs or safety hazards. Maintains department stock of O2 as needed for patient transport.
- May be required to alternate shifts as needed for coverage.
- May perform some clerical functions and report print/sorts and charting.
- May assist patient into/out of transport vehicle in parking area.
- Other duties as assigned and as required for completion of departmental functions.
What will you need?
- High school graduate or equivalent is required
- Must be able to use computer for patient information and basic department clerical functions
- BLS required
- CNA or other direct patient care experience preferred
- Six months customer service or equivalent preferred