Training and Development CIS Analyst
- Adventist IT
- Feb 02, 2017 Post Date
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
The Clinical Information Systems Analyst Intermediate has a comprehensive understan ding of system build and implementation, the ability to analyze and understand business problems, and the knowledge to make solution recommendations that meet the organizational goals of maintaining clinical and business systems. They are dedicated to providing a secure, effective, integrated patient care delivery system that continually improves outcomes, reduces cost, increases efficiency, and enhances patients’ experiences. Primary responsibilities include collaborating with clinicians and end users of the system to design, test, train, implement, evaluate, and maintain Cerner, NetLearning, and other associated systems.
The Clinical Information Systems Analyst Intermediate must utilize the knowledge of clinical practice, computer science, and information technology to manage data and determine components that are suitable to build while maintaining alignment with the professional standards of clinical practice. They are responsible for coordinating with physicians and end users in the analysis and documentation of clinical workflows, performing gap analysis, identifying needed process changes, and developing future workflows during the implementation of new solutions or functionality. The ability to communicate with all levels of hospital leadership, clinicians, physicians, and ancillary department staff is essential for this position.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates advanced functional knowledge of one of the following applications: Cerner, NetLearning, Captivate and/or other authoring tools.
· Serves as the developer of curricula and instructional media, with a central role in the development and support of e-learning materials, such as Computer-based Learning Modules and traditional instructional materials.
· Leads train-the-trainer, formal, and informal training sessions for super-users with moderate direction from team members or the application manager.
· Serves as a contributing member of the Training and Development team, dedicated to the development of electronic documentation solutions that support clinical workflow and practice and align with the current best practice standards.
· Demonstrates knowledge of processes within the facility department.
· Ability to recommend customization of the application for unique department scenarios and build using application tools with minimal assistance from team members and/or the application manager.
· Assists Application Teams with design and testing of clinical application components and makes necessary changes with little direction and assistance from team members or the application manager.
· Communicates necessary changes made in the application amongst team members and site contacts as appropriate.
· Develops and maintains educational documentation and outlines training steps using appropriate tools with some direction and assistance from team members or the application manager.
· Participates in team meetings, project meetings, and other meetings when requested.
· Understands how to plan and coordinate special projects using project management skills, tools, and AHS-IS methodologies with assistance from team members, the application manager and/or the project manager.
· Collaborates with hospital leadership, physicians, clinicians, end users, vendors, and associates to develop and deploy electronic applications or new functionality.
· Assesses clinical workflow processes, identifies gaps, defines necessary process changes, and develops future workflows related to the implementation of new solutions or functionality.
· Actively participates in facility support through solution implementation, activation, and post-live support.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Experience: 2-3+ years’ experience with clinical/technical system application/implementations required (Cerner application experience preferred).
· Microsoft suite of applications knowledge required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· 2-3+ years of clinical/technical background preferred.
· 2-3+ years of Learning Management System (LMS) and Authoring tool (Captivate).
· Clinical Systems application/Implementation experience preferred.
· Experience with leading small groups or projects preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· College Degree (AS, Diploma, B.A., B.S. or commensurate experience) in a field of study such as business, IS, or healthcare related area is required.
· Yearly participation in ongoing education either formal or through conferences, active professional organization participation, or journal presentations.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Completion of one professional certification within three years and maintenance of certification thereafter if applicable.