Registered Nurse Case Manager FT Days $5000 Sign On Bonus
- Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center
- Jan 06, 2017 Post Date
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center Lake Placid has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 30 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. Our 50-bed facility includes the county’s only senior behavioral health unit. We also offer emergency care, surgical services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient counseling, and a fitness center to help community members achieve optimal health.
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluates the medical necessity and appropriateness of patient admissions within 24 hours of admission and checks the level of care status of patients from admission to discharge in accordance with InterQual Criteria.
- On a concurrent basis, reassesses the appropriateness of the level of care; diagnostic testing and clinical procedures; quality and risk issues; and documentation in the medical record for completeness.
- Monitor physicians' documentation for content and completeness to determine if it accurately reflects and substantiates the patient's diagnoses and procedures.
- Assesses patient's goals, psychosocial, environmental, and discharge planning needs, and financial status.
- Assesses, develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with patient and family in both external and internal settings.
- Communicates effectively and routinely with patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other caregivers, and third party payors as necessary.
- Liaison between physicians, patients, healthcare providers, caregivers, and payors to orchestrate, coordinate and act as facilitator of the patient's care. Mobilizes resources and coordinates the efforts of the health care team to promote the achievement of positive patient outcomes.
- Rounds with the physicians caring for the patients in their assignment.
- Determines alternatives for post-acute care to physicians and patient / family.
- Identifies issues that may delay patient discharge and facilitates timely resolution of these issues and communicates anticipated / actual delays with the patient / family, physician, and healthcare team.
- Follows through with finalizing all aspects of the discharge plan including facilitating hand-off communication between sending and receiving nurses, and confirming transportation / transfer arrangements.
- Ensures patients / families are aware of and in agreement with all post-acute services, including any possible / actual associated out of pocket costs to the patient and document such in the medical record.
- Maintains timely and up to date documentation of case management activities in Cerner.
- Understands and complies with all licensure and credentialing agencies.
- Uses appropriate channels of communication when initiating a change, reporting information, or addressing a concern.
- Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements action design for self-improvement.
- Ensures timely completion of assigned educational modules on NetLearning for ongoing professional development.
- Support cost containment efforts and work these items on a concurrent basis. – Ensure appropriate use of services (Resource Management); Trending of Avoidable Days; managing LOS (inpatient and observation); Identifying Re-admissions.
- Knowledgeable and compliant in following organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates commitment to philosophy, goals and mission of organization and department.
- Develops and maintains a positive work climate and supports the overall team effort of the hospital.
- Ability to work with diverse patient and staff populations with knowledge and sensitivity to cultural and spiritual influences impacting on patient care.
- Other duties as assigned by manager / director.
What will you need:
- Ability to work with diverse patient and staff populations with knowledge and sensitivity to cultural and spiritual influences impacting on patient care
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, with little direction
- Knowledge of state and federal programs that provide medical care and financial support to individuals and community resources preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Graduated from accredited school of nursing
- Minimum three (3) years acute hospital nursing experience required
- Case Management / Resource Management Experience preferred
- State of Florida RN license in clear standing required
- BLS required
- Case Manager Certification preferred