Record Integrity Editor
- Adventist Health System Corporate Office
- Jan 05, 2017 Post Date
If you want to be a part of a place that provides nothing less than extraordinary compassionate care, then Adventist Health System is the place for you!
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Record Integrity Editor position that will be based in our Health Information Management department. This position is based at our corporate office in Altamonte Springs, FL.
This position provides the opportunity to be responsible for monitoring the accuracy and integrity of the AHS master patient index database. Perform inter-facility and intra-facility duplicate medical record combines. Perform electronic medical records reviews to validate the appropriateness of combining medical records or encounters. The MPI Integrity Coordinator is responsible for printing queries/reports to identify new duplicates. Provide medical record combine services to AHS facilities upon request. Audits medical records for completeness before these are released to AHS Facilities Risk Managers or Corporate Legal Counsel. Perform release of information functions for closed facilities and physician’s practices that were previously owned and operated by AHS. Edits on hold transcribed reports and makes appropriate corrections to ensure transcribed reports are accurate and are uploaded to the electronic medical record in a timely manner.
Specific job duties include:
- Print duplicate medical record reports and corrects inter-facility duplicate medical records.
- Perform intra-facility medical record combines upon request from AHS Facilities.
- Notifies Directors responsible for downstream systems of the need to correct duplicate medical records within their respective systems.
- Notifies Laboratory and Radiology Directors of medical record combines to ensure their systems are updated to reflect the correct blood type and allergies of the patient.
- Documents medical records/encounter corrections. Keeps accurate records and provides these to the Corporate Transcription /MPI Integrity Manager.
- Performs medical record release of information for the AHS Facility Risk Manager and Corporate Legal Counsel.
- Perform medical record completion review prior to releasing any medical record.
- Participates in functional, systems and integrated testing efforts as needed.
- Reviews transcribed reports that are on pending/hold status and makes the appropriate corrections.
- Ensures that pre-admission documents that do not contain a medical record number or financial number are corrected on a timely manner.
- Process carbon copies not addressed by the vendor and ensure the final copy is sent to the physician indicated by the dictator.
- Edits transcribed reports requiring additional tables, final diagnosis/discharge date on discharge summary.
- Process addenda requiring additional follow up.
- Assist during AHS implementations and system conversions as requested by the Corporate HIM Director.
- Previous experience in correcting duplicate medical record.
- Extensive experience in medical record release.
- Associate in Health Information Management
- 2 or more years in Health Information Management Experience
- RHIA, RHIT preferred
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Substantial knowledge of medical record combine and release of information.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft software and electronic medical record systems.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of release of information guidelines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, disease processes, signs and symptoms, medications and laboratory values.
- Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines (the AAMT Book of Style).
- Excellent acoustical skills.
- Ability to understand diverse accents, dialects and varying dictation styles.
If this position sounds like a great match for your skills set and experience, please apply online now!