Radiology Technician FT Days Trinity TB Sports Med
- Florida Hospital Physician Group
- Jan 04, 2017 Post Date
Florida Hospital Physician Group
Florida Hospital Physician Group (FHPG) is the Tampa Bay area’s premier, multi-specialty physician group, dedicated to improving the health and wellness of local communities throughout West Central Florida. With more than 100 physicians and providers representing over 25 medical specialties in 40+ locations, we have a broad range of medical and surgical specialties to meet patients’ needs.
Our neighborhood physician practices are conveniently located throughout Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties. Our physicians provide care at their 40+ practices as well as five Florida Hospitals located in Carrollwood, North Pinellas, Tampa, Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills.
Backed by Florida Hospital, one of the country’s largest not-for-profit health care providers with 22 hospitals in the state of Florida and more than a century of experience in health care, Florida Hospital Physician Group is expanding and transforming all aspects of health care with innovative advancements and leading edge technology. Our heritage of a unique, whole-person health approach to care – achieving wellness of the mind, body and spirit for our patients – is shared by our Florida Hospital Physician Group partners.
What you will be responsible for:
The LAB/XRAY TECHNICIAN (RT) Position works closely with physician and other staff members to care for patients ranging in age from pediatric to geriatric and performs a wide variety of patient care activities in an urgent, acute care setting. Performs the duties of a staff radiological/laboratory technician under the order of a Florida Hospital Physician Group physician; performs a variety of laboratory testing and radiological examinations with a minimum of supervision. Must demonstrate independent judgement and initiative. Assumes responsibility for performing radiographic examinations that are technically satisfactory, properly positioned, and processed adequately. Performs laboratory procedures following accepted OSHA precautions and CLIA guidelines. Also performs basic clinical duties to facilitate patient flow. Responsible for QA duties directly related to laboratory and radiology. Position is responsible for maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment for patients, visitors, clients and team members. Follows all infection control policies and procedures. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow to minimize wait times.
What you will need:
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital Physician Group Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs waived laboratory testing and basic radiological examinations, including all quality controls/clerical duties. Processes reference laboratory specimens to include venipuncture, specimen handling/ labeling, and tracking results.
- Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
- Obtains a brief summary of presenting patient’s chief complaint. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Documents vital signs, allergies, current medications, LMP and pain scale threshold if appropriate. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
- Applies orthopedic devices and dressings as ordered. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions. Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Investigates questionable situations.
- Performs diagnostic testing to include EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus, and pulse oximetry to facilitate patient flow. These duties may be added at the discretion of the director/center manager/nursing coordinator based on individual facility needs.
- Appropriately relays discharge instructions/care to the patient or family utilizing approved after-care instruction tools.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, infection control practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or center.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to operate a variety of laboratory and radiological equipment and work with electrical and radiant energy.
- Current proficiency in CPR
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma required or equivalent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Associate’s degree preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current Florida State license: General Radiographer (RT)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- AART registry preferred