PeopleSoft Security Analyst - Senior
- Adventist IT
- Feb 14, 2017 Post Date
The Senior ERP IT Security Analyst has the opportunity to design, administer, maintain and troubleshoot user access control privileges associated with enterprise level, mission critical applications, with a focus in enterprise resource planning, in order to assure the availability, confidentiality and integrity of those systems. It is responsible for understanding and applying technology tools, systems, policies, standards and processes to ensure the protection of Adventist Health System data assets, Protected Health Information (PHI) and all forms of personally identifiable information (PII) in compliance with Federal and State Regulations.
Opportunities to represent the team in meetings and projects as a leader is expected of those in this position and is expected to be a visible spokesperson for application security and controls, charged with gaining widespread support of and compliance with application security requirements. They will guide and lead the organization in access control best practices and knowledgeable to direct individuals to the right areas for compliance on proper security standards in areas outside of access control.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and apply technology tools, systems, policies and processes that are required to ensure the protection of Adventist Health System data assets, Protected Health Information (PHI) and all forms of personal identity information (PII) and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Apply standard procedures to ensure that all system users are properly identified and information/application access is provisioned based on the respective user’s job role and comply with minimum need to know and least privileged.
- Work directly with the user community, information technology and security teams to support and troubleshoot the PeopleSoft application suite and its related applications with industry standard service management and enterprise resource planning support tools to ensure a secure, positive and consistent user experience.
- Assist in ensuring systems and procedures are in compliance with corporate and industry recognized standards.
- Assist and guide the user community on security processes.
- Guide and lead the business on establishing appropriate business rules and ensure governance aligns especially as it pertains to Separation of Duties.
- Team and break glass process improvement and development.
- Lead medium to complex application access control design changes to deliver an appropriate solution that meets the business requirement(s) and need(s).
- Lead medium to complex projects under general supervision and ensure the success of the project from beginning to implementation and support.
- Ability to receive calls and text messages 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a rotated basis to provide excellent customer service to our clients.
- Travel occasionally to facilities to support and ensure successful project implementations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Advanced knowledge of PeopleTools v8.53+ Security
- Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM, FSCM, Interaction HUB and/or CRM v9+ Security
- Ability to support multiple enterprise security platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to quickly learn systems and processes with little to no documentation
- Continuous learning and pushing oneself for personal growth
- Excellent change management skills including troubleshooting, testing and quality assurance
- Fundamental project management skills for medium to complex projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply governance rules to access control requests
- Advanced knowledge of writing SQL queries
- Advanced data validation techniques
- Ability to work well with people of a varying level of technical abilities
- Working knowledge of Human Resources, Finance and/or Supply Chain business processes in the health care industry
- Advanced knowledge of HIPAA and SOX regulations as it pertains to Enterprise Resource Planning application access controls
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel formulas and/or macros
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Expert knowledge of PeopleTools v8.53+ Security
- Expert knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM, FSCM, Interaction HUB and/or CRM v9+ Security
- Expert knowledge of SQL queries
- Advanced knowledge of Workforce EmpCenter Security
- Advanced knowledge of Human Resources, Finance and/or Supply Chain business processes in the health care industry
- Expert knowledge of HIPAA and SOX regulations as it pertains to Enterprise Resource Planning application access controls
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel formulas and/or macros
- Advanced understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4+ year college degree in Information Technology, Information Security or equivalent
- (experience may be substituted where appropriate)
- 4+ years’ experience in security account administration
- 3+ years’ experience in Microsoft Windows 7 or newer and Office 2010 or newer
- 4+ years’ access control design and build experience in at least one of the Oracle PeopleSoft Suite applications
- 3+ years’ access control design and build experience in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition or other major business intelligence solution
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 3+ years’ access control design and build experience in the Hyperion suite of applications
- 6+ years’ access control design and build experience in at least one of the Oracle PeopleSoft Suite applications
- 4+ years’ experience in writing SQL queries
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- CompTIA Security+