Network Analyst Senior
- Adventist IT
- Feb 07, 2017 Post Date
The senior local/regional network analyst is regarded as one of the most technically savvy employees at each facility. The senior local/regional network analyst acts as the ambassador of Adventist Information Technology (AIT) network services, keeps the pulse of the hospital, has knowledge of all projects at the hospital, professionally interfaces with the hospital, and communicates that knowledge back to HQ. The senior local/regional network analyst is very creative in the approach to new technologies, offers excellent solutions with vision and thought and then manages, and implements the projects created by their professional leadership.
The senior local/regional network analyst is moreover the representative of AIT who implements corporate strategies, creates and supports corporate policy and procedures, sets and configures corporate standards, adheres to corporate change management, and provides security and HIPPA configurations to insure compliance with corporate and governmental regulations. The senior local/regional network analyst is responsible for insuring the day to day operation, reliability, and integrity of the company data communications network within a designated region.
The senior local/regional network analyst:
• works under general supervision plans
• evaluates moderately complex existing network systems
• makes recommendations for resources required to maintain or modify service levels
• provides assistance in network planning, engineering, architecture and the development of technical standards and interface applications
• evaluates new products as assigned
• provides resolution for network problems.
The senior local/regional network analyst day-to-day Activities Include working with:
• Layer 1, 2 and 3 switching and routing
• Configuring WLAN Access points and the engines that run AP’s
• VPN connections and their configurations
• Implementing new technologies and equipment
• Monitoring and trending network needs
• Troubleshooting network issues of all kinds
• Installing and maintaining equipment and wiring
• Meeting clients network needs
• Gaining the support of the client
• Studying network technology and increasing knowledge
• External vendors as required
• Maintaining and updating network equipment inventory records and network problem records
• Assisting the regional manager in developing budgets, procurement of network equipment and supplies, and designing the LAN/WAN networks
• Performs system generation, tuning, configuration, upgrades, performance management, disaster recovery, and usage reporting as required
• Other Duties as assigned
High School Diploma is required. College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education is highly recommended.
Cisco CCNA certification is highly recommended. Microsoft certifications recommended.
Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate.
Ability to understand and implement mainframe and LAN/WAN functionality such as cabling systems, hubs, switches, bridges, routers, gateways, terminal servers and communication servers.
Experience with Cisco wireless
Experience with Cisco voice
Worked in a non-complex environment with multiple closets, devices, and nodes
In depth understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and protocol interaction.
8+ years experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environment is required.
6+ years Cisco experience.
Some VPN, multi-VLAN, and extra-building networking
Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
Ability to work independently is a must.
Ability to quickly learn systems with little or no documentation. Continuous learning of new systems, business processes and concepts are a must.
Must have the ability to work well with people of varying levels of technical abilities.
Must have project management background with 1-2 years of project management.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.