Lead CT Tech - Imaging - East Orlando
- Florida Hospital
- Jan 06, 2017 Post Date
Lead CT Tech – Imaging - East Orlando
Florida Hospital East Orlando seeks to hire a Full Time Lead CT Tech who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital East Orlando, a 225-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area. A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 225 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience.
Florida Hospital East Orlando provides the Imaging expertise, equipment and nurturing environment, in a beautiful facility, for patients of all types. Our expert team includes a board certified radiologist, a certified radiology nurse and registered CT, MRI, Ultrasound and X-ray technologists. East Orlando’s state of the art Imaging equipment provides highly detailed pictures to evaluate a variety of conditions, including the following: 2 1.5T MRI machines, 2 CT scanners (16-slice and near future: 128-slice), X-ray capabilities and 4D Ultrasounds. Conveniently located across from the hospital, in the same parking lot, is the Women’s Center specializing in outpatient Ultrasounds and Mammograms (Screening and Diagnostic). The FHEO Imaging department provides exquisite whole body, mind and spirit treatment for our patients.
Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm – (but will flex as needed due to leadership role)
Under general supervision, is responsible for managing the daily operations in the CT area to assure smooth and efficient flow including maintenance of supplies within designated budget. Performs the imaging of both neuro and body scans following the Florida Hospital parameters, building/performance of complicated 3D and CTA studies and performs QA audits. Utilizes the hospital performance improvement process in the goals of Imaging Services. Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all referring physicians, hospital, and commercial agencies. Meets with customers and partners to assure service levels are maintained (Rounding). Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience Required
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with people of various diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of CT procedures
- Knowledge of CT scanners
- Ability to learn and grow with new technology
- Customer Service skills
- CT Safety including radiation safety to patients, families, and co-workers
- Computer skills to include programs such as Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook
- CPR (Basic Life Support)
- General computer skills (Imaging OC system, Digivault, Patriot) (preferred)
- Basic IV competency (preferred)
- General physics and anatomy (preferred)
- AS, AA and/or BS in healthcare related field(preferred)
- 1-3 yrs CT experience at Florida Hospital(preferred)
- Prior CT experience on GE CT scanners(preferred)
- CT experience(preferred)
- PACS experience specific to AGFA (preferred)
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required
- Florida State License- general radiographer
- ARRT – R
- ARRT – CT or CT Registry Eligible to be completed within one year of hire
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlines in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs all exams, on all types of patients: IP, OP and ED; using FH CT protocols. Follows FH policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patient for contrast allergies. Starts IVs and uses power injectors. Performs complicated 3D and CTA studies. (Exam Supervision and Administration)
- Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving for assigned campus, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s. Monitors daily time and attendance. Orders supplies. (Personal Productivity and Accountability )
- Performs all types of CT imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients of all ages, adapting protocols as necessary. Serves as clinical instructor. (Clinical Competence)
- Properly screens patients of childbearing age, and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Requests work orders; maintains level of supplies, performs QA on scanners, and ensures other technologists are performing these daily. Practices infection control standards, radiation safety, and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. (Safety and the Environment of Care)
- Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result; assists others in these decisions. Provides supervisor/manager feedback for employee’s evaluations, and conducts evaluations with employees at respective campus if appropriate; daily critique of CT images. (Image Quality and Documentation)
- Uses computer OC system for ordering, changing, and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on QC or PACS. Faxes/reprints all paperwork to correct read stations. (Data Processing)
- Assists with collection of data for all KPI’s, Six Sigma Projects realizing final goals of department. Participates on Teams as asked, participates in Gallup. Is responsible for daily count and inputs data in Share Drive. Utilizes Mission Possible techniques learned and recovers patients and families as needed. ( Performance Improvement )
- Consistently attends department meetings or other mandatory meetings with positive attitude toward department and others. Helps organize department meetings. Listens and is responsible for knowing content. ( Department Meeting Attendance)
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
If you want to be part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Lead CT Tech job opportunity with Florida Hospital East Orlando and apply online today.
Job Keywords: CT Tech, CT Technician, Lead CT Tech, Imaging, Radiology, East Orlando