IT Service Desk Supervisor
- Adventist IT
- Feb 10, 2017 Post Date
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Service Desk Supervisor, under the general direction of the Service Desk Manager, ensures Level One Contact Center support for all AHS-IS supported systems, applications, and equipment. They also provide leadership, coaching, managerial, technical, procedural, and process related assistance to the members of the Help Desk Team during their assigned shift.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises, coaches, trains and leads the Service Desk Analysts so they are fully engaged with departmental objectives and are committed to working efficiently toward continuous improvement and service excellence.
• Screens the qualifications and experience of applicants, interviews candidates and makes primary recommendations to hiring Manager.
• Supervises and performs coaching, ongoing education, performance appraisals, counseling and general management of assigned Service Desk Analysts. Provides promotion recommendations to Manager.
• Proven ability to multitask, establish partnerships across teams, and proactively address issues and opportunities for improvement in a fast paced, high volume environment to ensure that priority issues are appropriately assigned and necessary resources are engaged.
• Participates in Help Desk Leadership on-call rotation and interprets company policies as they relate to incident management and communications.
• Records problems/concerns, establishes acuity level and does follow-up as necessary on reported incidents including escalation of problem/concern with the authority to bypass the standard escalation path as necessary.
• Ensures that major technical, system or application issues (planned and unplanned) are appropriately addressed and communicated.
• Provides positive impact to Help Desk operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analysis related to staffing and scheduling trends, identifying and defining productivity, quality, and customer service standards by contributing information and analysis to departmental strategic plans and reviews.
• Participates in key cross-functional team meetings to provide information on Help Desk processes and serves as an area expert on issues which affect the quality and level of service provided to the customer.
• Serves as Major Incident Manager in accordance with IT Service Management Guidelines.
• Identify, design, implement and communicate process changes in order to improve productivity or employee satisfaction.
• Adhere to IT Service Management policy and procedures for all in scope process areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Possess critical thinking skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrates sound judgment, problem solving, decision making, organizational and analytical skills
• Must be a customer service focused, self-motivated professional.
• Ability to be resilient and successfully manage in a fast paced, dynamic contact center environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Ability to quickly learn system functionality with little or no documentation.
• Collaborates with peers, Administrators, Department Managers, analysts and engineers regarding reported issues.
• Demonstrated pragmatic approach to leadership and customer service.
• Demonstrates poise in intense or stressful situations.
• Ability to work well with people of varying levels of technical abilities.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting and diagnosing of computer software and hardware issues.
• Ability to successfully comprehend and support clinical applications.
• Possess a high-level knowledge of industry standard service management tools (preferably CA Service Desk Manager)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Associate degree in related field required or a minimum of 3 years experience in IT with at least 2 years experience working as a supervisor, team lead, or Senior level analyst in a customer service or technical support contact center with experience in rapidly shifting procedures and processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Service Desk Analyst and/or Level Two Support Analyst with a solid understanding of AHS-IS Help Desk policies, procedures, and processes.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• HDI Support Center Team Lead (or higher) or ITIL Foundations (must be obtained within 6 months of hire date)
• 1 additional current professional/technical certification (must be obtained within 6 months of hire date)
Supervises the Service Desk Analyst staff members.