- Adventist IT
- Feb 02, 2017 Post Date
This position is based in the AIT Courtland Building in Orlando, Florida.
The HIM Analyst – HIM is responsible for the analysis, planning, implementation, evaluation, and support of HIM applications to include - HIM applications and initiatives to support hospital and AHS strategic goals. The HIM Analyst reports to the AHS-IS HIM Applications Manager.
Approximately 30% travel to site/facilities is required, especially during implementations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working tickets for transcription (Mmodal, Escription)
• Working tickets for Billing Distributions (ED, AP, Mammo, Rad and Cardio)
• Covering on-call for Revenue Cycle ever 31/2 to 4 months for a week
• Attending or calling into project meetings and being prepared to give the update for HIM
• Coordinating or running meetings as needed for a project
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Collaborates with co-workers to coordinate and complete all system tasks required to support active projects. Works directly with client, and interface team when necessary, to ensure that testing is adequately performed on all table changes and maintenance requests.
Works closely with clients, vendors, and other AIT-IS personnel to assist with the installation, support & maintenance of multiple HIM applications.
Understands the HIM environment that exists at AIT and delivery excellent customer service, cost savings, and fast delivery of technologies to meet the requirements of business needs.
Develops application expertise and knowledge and translate expertise into solutions for customers. Work with customers to identify opportunities for improvement and solutions to business problems using automation. Proactively identifies potential issues during all phases of the system life cycle including planning, testing, implementation, and support. Attends training courses and reviews updated documentation to become knowledgeable of system changes and enhancements.
Follows all change management policies and procedures to ensure requested changes are approved by the appropriate individuals communicated properly throughout the organization.
Actively seeks to develop and maintain a positive and productive working relationship with team members, system users, project sponsors, support personnel, and all client staff. Ensures client’s needs are served in a positive, responsive manner.
Provides detailed and timely status reports and keeps Leadership informed of all items of concern.
Ensures client Service Desk tickets and other requests/issues are appropriately and adequately resolved in a timely manner.
Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage, on call coverage, and administrative notification as scheduled including periods of personnel illness, vacation, or time off.
Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change. Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
Working knowledge of Mmodal and/or Escription functionality needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Functional knowledge of transcription
• Knowledge of Cerner HIM functionality
• The ability to multitask efficiently
• Quality customer service skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Some transcription experience
• Understanding of HIM departmental processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Associates in Health Information Management
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in HIM (Medical Record)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Knowledge of Transcription processes
• Knowledge of Deficiency Management
• Cerner application experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Registered Health Information Associate (RHIA)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)