Director of Program Management & Process Engineering
- Adventist Health System Corporate Office
- Dec 20, 2016 Post Date
If you want to be a part of a place that provides nothing less than extraordinary compassionate care, then Adventist Health System is the place for you!
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Program Management Process Engineering position that will be based in our PHSO department. This position is based in Orlando, FL.
The Director is responsible for applying professional principles, practices, and techniques to establish systems of program and project management for the PHSO. The Director will develop and manage a repeatable process/playbook for managing projects of varied sizes and for creating a portfolio view for the PHSO leadership. The Director is responsible for all strategic and operational activities related to providing project management and process engineering services in the areas of Project Management, Process Architecture, Quality Assurance and Project Management Center of Excellence. They will lead project teams and control project schedule, cost, and performance risks. Has ultimate responsibility for all assigned PHSO projects and manages customer satisfaction, definition, planning, monitoring, and others aspects of a PHSO project. Provides guidance and oversight to the team and acts as a point of escalation for program management and process engineering. Leads the team accountable for process mapping and process improvement services for the PHSO for both operations and project purposes. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Specific job duties include:
- Develops a program management approach based on project management science and best practices that enable the PHSO to have a standardized approach to project and product line implementation including the ability to share a playbook with potential external clients/customers.
- Directs the team accountable for high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with project sponsor and team. Presents project status and issues to leadership level personnel through formal presentations. Acts as a liaison between business users and implementation team; communicating appropriately and effectively with co-workers, customers, and supervisors; and maintaining awareness of project status and any potential delay, situation, or concern that may affect the outcome of the projects.
- Leads the team accountable for managing a program change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope and change approval process. Program Managers will be accountable to assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans, successfully develops and updates project budgets as required, and delivers successful projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner as shown by project statistics. Conducts project meetings at leadership and/or director levels if needed. Continually reviews available resources to maintain first-hand knowledge of such resources and where they can be best allocated. Reevaluates current resources to determine project resource surplus and shortfalls. Establishes clear ownership for project tasks, ensures that team members have the tools needed, and provides timely feedback. Coordinates and facilitates delivery of project objectives to ensure adherence to quality standards and deliverables.
- Leader works collaboratively with executive leaders and staff to maintain thorough knowledge of PHSO capabilities, and to ensure that the team is managing the communications between project teams and their stakeholders.
- Provides leadership and services in program, change and process management for the PHSO projects.
- Directs, oversees, and evaluates the work of managers and staff. Holds team accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Oversees and establishes processes to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting the organization’s population health initiatives.
- Responsible for recruitment, training, hiring, and development of employees including staff and leadership level personal supporting provider operations and engagement.
- Participates in the strategic planning process in partnership with key stakeholders by evaluating new initiatives, building budgets, implementation plans, communication plans, and proposals to ensure effective support processes are established.
- Communicates the department vision, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staff’s contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the mission, vision, and values of the system.
- Develops and oversees the department budget to meet corporate goals and objectives. Meets annual budgetary goals. Translates organizational plans, goals and initiatives into assumptions for annual operating and/or capital budgets. Negotiates contracts with external vendors for products and/or services and monitors/evaluates quality and/or performance. Manages and reports expenditures.
- Reviews, prepares, analyzes and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, program, services and other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Masters in Business or Healthcare field OR Five years of project management/ process engineering experience
- 5 years experience in delegation management
- 3 years experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- 5 years experience in synthetizing complex or diverse project data and/or information
- 3 years experience in managing diverse teams and delivering complex projects
- 3 years experience in managing large scale change
- 2 years experience in process management/mapping
If this position sounds like a great match for your skills set and experience, please apply online now!