Decision Support Analyst
- Adventist Health System Corporate Office
- Jan 04, 2017 Post Date
If you want to be a part of a place that provides nothing less than extraordinary compassionate care, then Adventist Health System is the place for you!
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Decision Support Analyst position that will be based in our Physician Enterprise department. This position is based at our corporate office in Altamonte Springs, FL.
This position provides the opportunity to apply technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills to provide solutions/improvements within the Physician Enterprise Finance department. This person demonstrates competences in decision support and an ability to utilize tools such as Access, SQL, and other Business Intelligence tools in order to efficiently extract and convert raw data into useful and actionable information. This person is responsible for creating meaningful applications or tools to support executive decision making. Character traits include: strong work ethic, technical aptitude, trainability, communicative, team player all with a positive “can do” attitude. Intermediate excel skills required.
Specific job duties include:
- Create processes to assist with data gathering for dashboards and reports.
- Run routine audits to ensure data integrity in all reports and dashboards.
- Create templates and reports to support annual budget review process.
- Compile and publish updated provider demographic data.
- Maintain data warehouse uploads and mapping documents.
- Provide technical support for ad-hoc financial reporting or decision support needs.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for PE Help Documentation and other Guidelines.
- Create and/or maintain new and/or existing dashboards and reports.
- Provide technical support for data warehouse and business intelligence initiatives.
- Maintain Physician Enterprise intranet (ARC) site.
- Creates and maintains an up-to-date status report of all priorities, tasks, and issues on a weekly basis.
- Effectively collects and creates technical and/or automated solutions to report data.
- Sufficiently documents work and ensures cross-training with peers.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with data. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Demonstrates technical aptitude and exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Utilize system tools to support financial analysis and decision support activities.
- Demonstrates proactive-ness and resourcefulness in finding answers and solutions.
- Actively and honestly communicates relevant information to supervisor and other team members in a timely manner, taking necessary precautions to guard confidential information
- Experience with data warehousing tools including but not limited to SQL, Access, VBA, etc. required
- Minimum one year of business or physician/healthcare finance experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or related is required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Data warehousing tools (SQL Server, etc.)
- Microsoft Visual Basic/Access
If this position sounds like a great match for your skills set and experience, please apply online now!